Welcome to the new letpoliticstalk.com

Forum Annoucements are here.

Moderators: Lass, Lad

Per
Political Stand:

Welcome to the new letpoliticstalk.com

Post by Per » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:07 am

Hi all forum members,

Let politics talk will go through some changes in the near future, but overall it will look the same. The main goal right now is to get more people to visit this great forum, and I have a strategy for this (hint seo). I see alot of potential in Let politics talk and that's why I want to bring it to new heights.

Feel free to drop a comment if you have any questions.
Last edited by Per on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

RE: Welcome to the new letpoliticstalk.com

Post by DodgeFB » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:39 pm

I wish you all the best. I would really like to see this site moving up again.Image
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:27 pm

I basically got fed up posting topics and never getting any responses. I finally figured, why bother posting anything. No seemed to give a damn what I had to say.

I tried to delete my account only to find that there was no way to do so. Pretty sneaky way to do a Hotel California on members, huh. you can check, but you can never check out. I'm still not to sure if I want to bother with this forum, I've really lost interest in it, but I'll check in every so often and we'll see.

Per
Political Stand:

Post by Per » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:33 am

Romulus111VADT, on most forums there are no way to delete a account. It's because deleting a account creates big holes in the forum with answers to posts that don't exist.

Anyway, I hope you check in every now and then, soon hopefully some new visitors will come and the posts count will raise.

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:30 am

As Lad is well aware, I am also a long time member of the Simviation Forums with over 4,400 posts and I've been on that forum since 2002.
http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

That said, during that time there has been literally hundreds of people join the forum and either get banned or get mad and "DELETE" their accounts. This leaves all the posts they made, but adds a "(Ex-Member)" and removes the hyperlink to their account profiles.

So for forum purposes the account is still there. But for all other reasons it is technically deleted.